Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 04:31 PM   #1
thutchis

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Oregon
THOR #7634
Interior Lighting Upgrades & Mods

When we bought our Windsport 27K last year, I loved most everything but the interior lights. At night, those ugly fixtures they stick up everywhere put out so much light the MH had all the ambiance of a hospital surgical suite. Even turning them 1/2 off didn't help much. This became very apparent when we were traveling with our friends who have an older Prevost Marathon coach. The lighting in their coach was so much more inviting and relaxed. So I have decided to upgrade and IMPROVE the interior lighting in our Windsport.

So I am starting this thread to document and hopefully help out anyone else who wants to follow down this path. I have several phases planned and will have pictures to accompany the progress. So stay tuned. Parts are ordered and on their way.

Part of this project will be to add dimming along with new (more attractive) fixtures. If you are interested in the issue of dimming LED lights I highly recommend these two YouTube videos for some background. First, "All About LED Dimmers" And, "RV 12V LED Dimmer Shootout". I learned a lot from them that will be very valuable. Also the producer, RV Project, has more great videos of his mods.

Ugly Light
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV_Light.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	9773
2015 Thor Windsport 27K
thutchis is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum