Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 06:37 PM   #3
petef

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
Quote:
Originally Posted by neeliec View Post
Greetings Petef,

Was curious as to how things are going with your 27K? We recently purchased a 2016 and haven't had a chance to take it out for a real test.

It sounds like you've had a lot of issues to deal with and I'm wondering if you've been having any luck in getting them resolved?

We really like the layout of the 27K and are hoping it will give us many years of good service. However I'm always coming to the forums with mixed feelings because there is so much bad stuff posted!

Thanks for any updated info you can provide!

Eileen
I highly recommend you take it to an alignment shop and have the alignment checked, mine was out 5/8 in and wore down the rf tire in 2500 miles.
You should check the things I mentioned, microwave mounting and sink hose under the fridge for issues. I have done the "fix" to the suspension and it is well worth the money invested. Get adjustable Hellwig links for the front, swap front and rear sway links to the inside holes (search CHF )and put a tracbar on the rear. Now you can drive it over 50 MPH without fear. I also got barrier material and put it under the driver and pass sides seats and foot areas as well as around the inside of the engine cover to block the heat and noise. My floor pad would get over 140 degrees in the summer. I added a second coach battery as the single one barely last a day when dry camping. I bought a solar panel from Home Depot and put it out when we are in National parks so it works out pretty well. Once you get the rig the way it should have been from the factory it is fun to drive and go places.
My dealer and Thor paid for all the bills I incurred as to the warrant able issues so I am not out of pocket except for my add ons I had done. Would I buy another Thor? Probably.. if I liked the floor plan, but next time I know what to demand and inspect before I take delivery. I don't know if they have fixed some of the bad engineering on the 2015 such as the hole for the dump pipe is not under the dump valve and the portable shower head mounting is over the water pump motor seliniod so it drips water on it. I don't use the mount and have a little piece of plastic to put under the dump cap when I take it off. In the end the local Camping World did some final small fixes and I am very happy with them. I did have to take it to 2 different dealers to resolve the a/c, one problem was the box Thor installed and the other the compressor was leaking, so that had to go to Ford but the box had to be fixed by that manufacturers' shop.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.