Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 12:33 PM   #4
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharrisv65 View Post
Yep, getting everything weighed is paramount because I don't want to be doing any "guessing".

I forgot to mention in the original post, I physically checked the hitch when I bought the MH and the hitch is rated for 8,000 lbs. and the MH towing capacity is 8,000 lbs. according to the specs.

My biggest concern is the towed weight of the truck slowing the MH down terribly on steep grades. I'm okay with crawling up if that's what it takes but I'm hoping the V10 will handle it okay. Thanks for the reply!
About that "screaming" engine: The V-10 is designed for that. It has a high redline (somewhere around 5800 rpm) and is happy as a clam at high RPM's all day long (your ears may not like it, however LOL).

As TurnerFam said: Weigh your rig. Your hitch may be rated at 8000lbs but the coach weights may not allow you to pull the full 8000lbs (remember its the weakest link in the chain...not the strongest).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum