Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 03:14 PM   #11
jpmihalk

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxjr758 View Post
Who's calling names? But to answer your question, yes I opened each and every door , several times to insure proper operation, and in comparison of the basement storage, with another coach we were considering. I never specifically inspected each door for signs of separation, as I never dreamed it would be so poorly designed/manufactured that it would be a concern ! It's not just me having this problem, as stated there are 4 others had this same incident that I found out about after posting pictures.
Talking to a RV Body Technician with years of experience , HEsays this is a growing problem, and he's seeing more of them.
Looks like everyone should check the Cargo Bay/Basement Doors for signs of Debonding !
I apologise, but it's darn flusterating to spend the kind of money we do on these, and have this kinda crapp happen !

Who KNEW !
Well, you did call Bob a troll and told CaptMetal that he needed to get his money back for his engineering degree... pretty insulting.

I would bet most people don't think to check for separation or delamination unless they have experienced it before.

The doors on our Hurricane are different from the doors on the Challenger, they are actually thicker and have trim around the edges of the panels themselves. Since we full time, we do check them at every stop to make sure the contents didn't shift and knock the doors out of place or rattle loose.

I can't say that Thor is awesome at their workmanship. We have had several items that are just nit-picky and easier to fix myself. Some of them should never have left the factory floor but they weren't deal breakers. On the other hand, it was an awesome value and I would buy another Thor product but would inspect it VERY carefully. We have parked next to much higher end units that have all kinds of issues so most of these problems aren't unique to Thor.

Anyway, you did a great job on the temp repair (very functional) and I do hope that you get everything resolved to your satisfaction. Since it is a 2017, is it still under warranty? Did you get a 30 day or 90 day warranty from the dealer?
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.