Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 03:56 PM   #13
Sarmeier

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta
State: New Mexico
THOR #4902
I'm not Gary, but we tow a Jeep Wrangler that has been modified for off-road use, it weight at 4600 pounds and also a Honda CRV, which is about 1000 pounds lighter behind our Siesta SR. The only time I have has any issues was climbing up to the Eisenhower Tunnel west of Denver with the Jeep. I got down to about 35mph. This a long steep high climb. All the MHs and trucks were slow. I use a Blue OX tow bar and bracket on the CRV. The Jeep has a custom bumper with tow bar mounts built in. I strongly recommend you have an aux braking system in the tow vehicle, some states and Canada require one. Most of the time with a light car you may not need one, but in a panic stop situation you could be really sorry if you don't have one. You get "plug and play" wiring harnesses to plug into your car's brake light, running lights and turn signals or you can build your own. All you need to build your own is a diode kit and some trailer wiring.

One thing to make double sure of is that the car you select is flat towable. Trailer Life's and FMCA's websites have annual lists of what cars you can flat tow.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum