Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Silicone calk
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 06:33 PM   #9
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
My hat goes off to those who can caulk with Proflex RV and get a neat smooth finish. For me it is like caulking with a tube of unforgiving contact glue. I tape off either side of the area to be sealed; run a bead of Proflex and then run a finger (using nitrile gloves and soapy water) which is about the only way to get a smooth finish without it sticking to you. But then, taking off the painters tape at a 45 degree angle away from the seal returns small strings of proflex, Heaven help you if you try another pass with the soapy water after the tape is off in an attempt to re-smooth the edges. Perhaps I did not leave the Proflex bead long enough before taking tape off?

I wonder how hard taking cured Proflex off is going to be? I am thinking I might try DAP Dynaflex 230 which is easy to work with around the house and windows, but unfortunately it can take a week or more to fully cure depending on weather conditions and size of bead. Not sure how robust it would be on an RV.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum