Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: My First 2 Mods
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 02:04 PM   #4
Rich&Cathy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Ace 29.3
State: California
THOR #6522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calman View Post
Coming from the motorcycle camping world (2003 GL-1800 Gold Wing/Kompac Kamp pop-up)I know a little about making more with less when it comes to storage.

First Mod: Had 6 or 8 magazines and maps I wanted to put in the Vegas but I didn't want to chase them around. Instead of the $41.00 CW magazine rack I made one from some leftover cedar and mountedit inside the door at the end of kitchen counter. Time: 1 hour Cost: $.25 (screws)

Second Mod: The two big drawers under the kitchen burners just beg of wasted space. Most of us will put canned goods, etc that only fill the bottom 2/3 of the drawer. Most of those cans are No. 300/14-16 oz. That leaves a whole bunch of waste space on top.

I took some scrap plywood and cedar to make a 11x18 removeable shelf with a front lip. Left space on the front end for standup-type items (oil, syrup). Time: 45 minutes Cost: $.25 (glue and nails)

Photo 1 shows drawer with a few things I tossed in to hold shelf for Photo 2 which shows 3 or 4 inches of unused space. In Photo 3 I tossed in some kitchen towels to show a possible use but you can use it as your imagination lets you.
Looks very good! Good job

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.