Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 02:46 PM   #19
JoeDS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1 - Sold it!
State: Tennessee
THOR #6513
Dogshowrv,

Sorry again can't get "quote" to work. Does anyone know why this is not working for me?

Anyway I am copying your post for clarity. " Thank you for the specifics. I would like to make sure I understand. I’m short, 5’0” and I need more height, not less. How would that affect what would be done with regard to the pedestal because height, and too much distance from brake and gas pedal is the what I would like to modify. Right now I sit on a cushion and I have added pedal mates, pedal extenders so I can reach the brake and gas pedals without getting right up close to the steering wheel (airbag). I just want to be sure that I’m ordering the correct products. Yesterday 09:14 AM"

I cant be sure about you unit since it is different from my Vegas. However I suspect it is very similar. The 6-way power unit adds about 4 inches minus probably 1 inch when you remove the rails for the front to back adjustment that are not used with this 6-way power unit. With that said I would guess you would gain about 3 inches in height when the seat is in the full down position and about 6 inches in height when the seat is fully up.

You may want to just order the 6way power unit and install it and then make a decision about what kind of pedestal is needed (if any). There is a wide range of heights available. 5.5, 6.5. 7.5 etc.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum