Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 01:47 PM   #8
Peterrrr

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds
State: Ontario
THOR #9081
I run a 800 Watt Pure Sine wave inverter connected to the general circuit of my RV. During the day with solar I switch the Fridge to electric and run it off the inverter. In the morning I make two cups of coffee from a 1000 watts Kerig (knock off) coffee maker. The output of the general circuit from the RV breaker panel, and the inverter go into a 15W automatic transfer switch where the output of the transfer switch goes to the general circuit plugs of the RV. On the general circuit are the TVs, DVD, laptop, tablet and cell phone chargers. I use Victron Energy components, and a Xantrex automatic transfer switch. All the lights in the RV are LED and I have 300 AH of battery capacity. I may run the generator before supper to either use the microwave/convection, instapot, air fryer. The 800 Watt inverter is sufficient for me.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.