Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 11:15 PM   #8
Bnbl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34J
State: Minnesota
THOR #9155
I have a AVM70LH radio in a 2018 34J Windsport.
Refer to the wire diagram in your owners manual.
Option 1:
To make the camera return to the rear view camera after using your signal lights you will need to pull the radio from the dash and follow the wire harness down to where you will find a pink and orange wire split out of the main bundle. The orange wire which is related to the reverse switch needs to be disconnected. (cut)
This will disable the function of the camera automatically coming on when shifting to reverse but I can live with that since you just have to be in camera mode when backing up.
Option 2:
Similar to above. Locate the pink wire. It is routed to the emergency brake switch and allows component mode to work when the brake is depressed. (can't view video when driving). This wire needs to be routed to a permanet ground to disable the "driving feature".
You will then need to add a RCA cord from the yellow video out from the RVS-501N-3 camera video switch located under the dash the VIN (video in) on the back of the radio.
I have done both of these changes to mine and now the rear camera returns after using the signal lights.
Also search for the thread "rear camera" for more info.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum