Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 01:57 PM   #4
rving2015

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37tb
State: California
THOR #2678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang46555 View Post
Yes, over greasing can cause the condition shown in the photos. Back in the 70's-80's we were actually taught to grease until it just started coming out of the boot. Of course some techs went a bit more than others. Is it possible the coach was serviced by one of these "old school" techs?
I"m the one that actually does the oil, filter, and grease fittings for that very reason and it happened so not sure and considering i've been doing this on all my vehicles for a long time i would say it's a defect. Plus after reading other threads on this and what i noticed it makes sense...the bar was twisted while just sitting there and i can see that can then pinch the rubber over time. The rear grease boot is already showing fractures in the rubber as if it was 15 years old. I have a 1 ton 25 year old truck that doesn't even show those signs. The rv lives in california weather and it is stored inside when not in use.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum