Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 02:59 AM   #2
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altonymous View Post
Hi all!

It's my first post here because we are considering purchasing a 2015 Thor Outlaw 37MD. I took it for a test drive today and I was quite shocked at how high those RPMs would climb to get the coach moving.. but then again it's the first RV I've EVERY driven.. hell it's the first I've ever been in while moving.

Anyway, looking at the UVW and GCWR it looks like we will be able to tow our trailer and Jeep; which I'm estimating to be under 7.5k but definitely over 5k. However, I have concerns about it being able to do it well.

Do you have any thoughts on the matter? I'm really hoping to hear good news.. because my bad news tank is full.

Thanks in advance!
First the Ford V10 is a high rev engine. Don't let that bother you.

As to the towing capacity. I believe your GCWR is 30K so as long as the coach, cargo and towed vehicle are below 30K you should be alright.

The first thing you should check however is the rating of your hitch. Thor made a change during the 2015 model year production run where they went from a 5K hitch to the 8K hitch. If your Outlaw was produced early in the production run you may be limited to 5K of towing capacity just because of the hitch. My 2015 Challenger was manufactured in July 2014 and has the 8K hitch installed. When I purchased the coach this past January the dealer could not tell me the capacity of the hitch so I crawled on the ground and got the capacity off the sticker on the hitch. You may want to verify this for yourself.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.