Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 03:06 PM   #56
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
The other option is to install a removable forward facing jump seat. When the time comes I will pursue that option. That way it can be installed when needed and left behind when not needed.
Looking at pictures of the new 25.2 interior with jack-knife sofa, I can't see where there would be room to install and secure a jump seat, not to mention two of them. Depending on what equipment Thor places under the 25.2's sofa, it may be easier to replace it with a booth dinette capable of seating 4, with 2 facing forward. Matching finish and fabrics would be tough though.

On the subject of the sofa, I noticed the floorplan states it makes into 60X74 bed, but a picture I saw from dealer with sofa open clearly shows it more in the range of 38 to 40 inches wide, or what is typical for jack-knife sofas. The picture shows it opening only to corner of bathroom wall, which is far from 60 inches. Is it possible that there is some type of extension missing from photo, or is it more likely a spec misprint?

Photos also show that compared to a 38-inch-wide single-bed-size dinette, the 25.2's sofa arrangement has less aisle space when table is up. The table clearly goes past the corner of the bathroom wall. A dinette option (or replacement) would open the middle aisle compared to table being up.

In researching other Thor products, I noticed that on certain models they make a sofa an option to a dinette. And that's in a slide. I don't see why the opposite may not also work.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum