Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 02:30 PM   #6
BradnKaren

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Florida
THOR #6310
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
I assume this should be a warranty item, correct? The problem is that none of my local dealers will do warranty work on it since I didn't buy it here.
That's ridiculous damage for a RV that's less then a year old. If you're still under warranty contact Thor about it immediately. Do not do your own repairs as it could void your warranty for those items. Here is how I would handle it. Call and email Thor, include those pictures to document. Tell Thor to refer you to a dealer near you who will do the work. (Preferably NOT Camping World, unless the one near you has an impeccable reputation.)

We purchased our motor home out of state and Thor worked with us to find a dealer who would handle the warranty work. The one we worked with would also not handle work on a unit they didn't sell, but if Thor tells them to do it, they will. Go over every inch of your unit looking for similar type materials in compromising areas that could get wet. Have the dealer document everything you found and ask them to look also. Ask for a replacement of damaged areas, but not with the same materials, or at least waterproofed.

With only a 12 month warranty I'd bet a lot of that goes undetected until after the warranty expires. I generally hate to hear the words lawsuit, but I have seen similar damage of similar materials on other RV's. They're just going to keep building them with crappy material unless someone uses some force to stop them.

One last thing, I would not leave your RV at the dealer. After the initial inspection, make an appointment to have the repairs done and take it with you until repairs have been authorized and the materials are at the dealer.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum