Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 07:54 PM   #62
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
You sleep across the RV. You pull on the back of the sofa to extend the bed (e.g. the very top of the back of the sofa ends up touching the drawers).

For one camping trip we had four of us in our 24.1: My wife & I, our 12 year old son and one of his friends. We slept in the very back, my son in the overhead bunk ("his" bed) and his guest in the sofa bed. In that configuration there is really no room in the 24.1 other than standing in the bathroom. Yes the person in the bunk has to crawl over the person in the sofa bed. In addition, with the sofa bed out you cannot use the ladder to the bunk so the person in the bunk has to be pretty agile to be able to climb up into the bunk (our soon to be teenager doesn't like the ladder--he'd rather climb up over the sofa).

As for the table: yes it takes up some room in the camper. We will typically only have it up to eat and then put it away otherwise (adding some straps really helps with that: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27...raps-1088.html ).

When we're camping we leave the table between the front two seats in all the time and lower the bunk only at night (we also leave all the bedding on the bunk and only raise it up until the bedding hits the ceiling).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum