Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 04:18 AM   #5
jrgutierr

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 28Z
State: California
THOR #1798
Rear View Safety Wireless Backup Camera

I needed a backup camera for the coach. I don't know why it wasn't on by default. After reading reviews and watching install videos I decided to try a wireless backup camera from Rear View Safety. This turned out to be fairly easy modification. I was originally going to place the camera right below the center marker light above the rear window, but I stopped myself right before I drilled a new hole. It turned out the hole for the light was already the same size that I needed for the camera. The grommet fit perfectly. I think there's enough marker lights up there and not having the center one is not a big deal. I used the power for the light to power the camera. To turn the camera on I just turn on the parking lights.

Here is the link for the backup camera I bought:

Wireless Quad Camera System with Cigarette Lighter Adaptor

Here is what it looks like instaledl:

It comes with a suction cup mount. For now I just put it in front of the rear view mirror. I'm probably going to get a new mount and put in on the center console somewhere. Now when I backup I can see what I hit!

The camera picture is very high quality. This version can be outfitted with up to 4 wireless cameras. I haven't tried it at night but it's suppose to work well in low light.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.