Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 09:38 PM   #1
Mitch0331

Brand: Still Looking
State: Florida
THOR #9705
Tales from the trail

Thought I'd share a bit about our first real adventure in our Hurricane 34F.

We purchased our 2017 34F in Sept of 17. After having the coach on the road for a few short jaunts (all in our home state of FL) we planned a trip from South FL to MN. - Who goes to Minnersoda before summer? We do - family thing...

So, realizing after driving Hurricane Sue (yes, Sue is my wife's name and no, she doesn't love the name for the coach - but I like living on the edge) the first few trips, I realized everyone else who has handling issues knows what they're talking about. So, in advance of our trip I opted to save and start the upgrade process.

The first was the Safe-T plus. I decided not to do the CHF (I hear your gasps) - rather I went for the Hellwig HD front sway bar as a replacement. S&S trac bar & Roadmaster Rear Anti-Sway Bar.

The Safe-T folks actually informed me to use the white (thought 34F meant 34 feet) unit however I needed the blue. They were super great and replaced for me when I visited them in Austell GA. The blue is awesome. Made a huge difference.

After traveling through mountains, highways, rain etc I can tell everyone I felt like I was driving a different coach. I can't say what made most difference having done all at once but the buffeting from trucks was minimal. Waggle was gone. The safe-t plus took away all the excess steering wheel movement.

Overall the coach did great. One minor issue was a short in the GFI circuit. We found we had a short in the wire to the outlet over the sink. Otherwise, so far so good.

Had a great trip from FL to MN and probably passed by a few of you on the way. Happy travels!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.