Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 04:44 PM   #6
99dart

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
Why don't you connect the display directly to the switching box? Our '17 Vegas has several RCA composite video connectors on the switch box, I used one of them to go to my 12" monitor I put over the drivers side.

I ditched the stock radio though, I'm just using the 12" monitor for the rear and side cameras. It works AMAZING! I have the rear camera on all the time while driving, the side cameras override the rear when the turn signals are turned on. It then goes back to monitoring the rear.

Take a picture of your "switch box" and post it here. Unless it simply has RCA connections like the newer ones. If it does, just plug the monitor into one of them and you should be good.

If it looks like this you should be able to do what you want...

Mine looks just like yours. I was hoping you would chime in. I thought I needed to unhook the camera 3 lead. So, what should I plug into on the switch box? Catch up with you later , I hope, going to Mom's day church.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum