Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 07:19 PM   #1
RoseColson

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.1
State: Florida
THOR #6308
2016 Vegas door issues

Hi, all. We own a 2016 Vegas 25.1, which we’ve had going on four summers now. We’d had some issues with the door not closing properly for a while- bouncing off the two sticky-outy thingamajigs instead of closing around them. CW said it was because screws were loose. So we kept an eye on them, but it continued to happen off and on, just sort of randomly.
Well, lord, then things got really fun. Last summer, at the Grand Canyon North Rim campground, we got locked INTO our rig. It was completely crazy, and it requires two rangers, camp staff, and our neighbors to get us out. Seriously. Turned out a tiny part on the door latchguts had snapped off. One ranger climbed in through the front passenger window (bless his heart), and unscrewed the entire latch plate and the door swung open.
Senior ranger screwed things back together and made sure the deadbolt worked, which it did. Next day we were leaving so we headed down the road and ended at a CW in NV. They were booked for a week (lady, we’re 1500 miles from home at the beginning of an 8 week road trip!), so finally I asked if they had a new lock set. They did. I fixed that bad boy myself. And it worked fine for a couple months. Now, however, it’s started acting up again.
I guess the reason I wrote all of this drivel is to ask if anyone else had/has issues with their Vegas door latch doodad.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.