Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 05:04 PM   #4
Mauserdude67

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #6698
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairfieldwizard View Post
Hey there, Mauserdude67

Did you complete your upgrade? How did it go? I've got a million questions:
Did you go with the multiplexer? If so, why didn't you consider a three input monitor instead? How long were the 31300006 adapter cables?
How do you like the Pioneer MVH2300-NEX? I assume you didn't need any special kind of mounting hardware or trim kit, right?

Got any pictures?
Hi, there. I'll try to answer your questions to the best of my abilities.

1. Yes, I completed the upgrade in time for my Texas to California and back trip.

2. The sound system works flawlessly. It was the most intensive sound system upgrade I've ever taken on and it is the most dramatic improvement I've ever experienced. I'm so glad I did it.

3. I did use a multiplexer. I used the RV Cams CSW3007 switcher and a set of adapter cables. They have since discontinued that model and have upgraded to a more complete setup that I wish I had bought. It's the Voyager #CSW3014 3-Camera Add-on Switch Box Code: CSW3014

4. I didn't want to add yet another monitor to the growing electronics suite I already use while traveling. It's just a matter of personal taste. If you want to use a dedicated monitor then by all means do it.

5. Those adapter cables were probably 3 feet long, but I didn't wind up using them so I sent them back. I could not get that system from Brand Motion to work to my satisfaction.

6. The Pioneer MVH2300NEX is a superb unit. It has a very clear display, it offers complete control of audio levels and equillization. It will run Apple Carplay and has hands-free Bluetooth capability. It looks good in the dash and I just plain like Pioneer products. I always have.

7. I did buy a Pioneer-specific installation kit through Crutchfield.com since the deck doesn't come with the mounting cage or a trim plate to go around the unit when installed. I'll try to post some pics later, I am at work right now so it's impossible to do while on the clock.

I hope that helps. It took a lot of work on my part and I had to take out the driver's seat to access the area on which I wanted to mount the amplifier and run the power and ground wires. It also was not cheap but I'm hanging onto my rig for the foreseeable future, so I'll enjoy the heck out of it for a long time.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum