Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 03:28 PM   #39
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by jajeanquart View Post
when I was perusing the website looking for a locking gas cap, this forum popped up, and I read it over couple of times...
I recently purchased a pre owned 2012 Thor Hurricane 29A......one of the replies stated a Stant 1058 gas cap would work, and I went on Stant's website, finding no such part #...so took a chance and ordered one with part # 10508, and it fits perfect............
Bought it thru Ebay from True Blue Auto Parts out of Hollis, NY for about 11.43.......
One previous try thru NAPA showed the gas cap for I think around 12.00, and then I would have had to pay 10.00 to have it shipped to the NAPA in Wisc....not a deal.........So hope this helps someone out there in RV Land..
and shipping was only about 2 days...........
Did you try to remove the locked cap after you locked it? I bought one from NAPA and it fit beautifully, but when I twisted it while it was locked, it came right off.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.