Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 09:46 PM   #8
BobBear

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: Virginia
THOR #4512
One trick to try if it happens again, Joy, is to use the hydraulic levelers in manual mode to tilt the coach so they're pushing downhill. We managed it that way with only 3 men and a boy - literally.

Tearstone, they skip because of bad design. Note that you can wiggle the slide when it is fully extended. If you were strong enough, you could do it when retracted, too. The tolerances are too wide. When we installed the replacement slides, we noticed that the hole in the side of the coach was wider than it should have been. That allows the slide to slide (no pun intended) to the side, causing the gear teeth to not be fully engaged on one side. A full wall slide must weigh 3-4000#, including the couch, dinette, pantry, washer, dryer and clothes closets. It's real easy to chew off - or even miss the track completely. I think we had close to 3/4" of "wiggle room".

I'm pretty sure I know the cause, but I don't know the solution. Steel on steel might help. Brad Kimball at Pine Plaza RV & Campers, Fergus Falls, Minnesota, the guy who repaired ours, refits slides with a threaded mechanism. Maybe a full wall is just too heavy and needs the hydraulic system.

Bob

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.