Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 10:01 PM   #7
Forest Grump

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: California
THOR #3186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
SNQ = Stupid newbie questions.

I am looking for what is the easiest way for me to check/maintain tire pressure on a dually setup (E-350).

I have an electric air pump that works great for cars/motorcycle and even though it says 110PSI, when I hook it up to the RV, it lets more air out then it puts in and doesn't "seal" like it does on the car. Seems to have a long post to relieve air pressure in the stem.

Of course one side has a valve stem extender for the inner tire and one does not and there is no way I can reach that inner tire to check the air pressure, and again, trying to get a reading with a tire pressure stick provides pretty unreliable results for that tire.

Also any advice for getting the shiny "wheel covers" off? Do they just pry off from the edge?
You can get quality valve extenders from NAPA. Viair makes a high quality some what expensive 12v air pump. Pick the size that fits your needs. I have one mounted to my Jeep and another for the motorhome. They work fine on both. If you see a bunch of narly jeeps coming off an equally narly trail and they have their hoods up it’s not because of engine problems. They are airing up their tires. Most with viair pumps.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum