Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 12:23 PM   #8
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
No more loaded down than usual. The GVWR on the Axis is 12,500 lbs and when I had it weighed ready for travel (with us in it) it came to 11,400 lbs.

It could be a perspective trick given that we're on a court and the front wheels are most likely closer to the camera than the back wheels and the Escape.

If I look at other images of our Axis (such as the one below) its sitting at the same height with or without a car on a dolly.

(That height is about 14" from the ground to the bottom of the hitch which has a 3" drop--had to measure to get the height right for the dolly. That pic was before we had a dolly and simply drove the car to the campground.)

The dolly only has a 50lb tongue weight when empty and hitching it up to the Axis causes no noticeable drop on the camper. Even when I drive the car up on the dolly there is no noticeable drop.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.