Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 04:06 PM   #12
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
My desire for a trailer was simply due to the fact that I would really like to bring along the EV which can't be towed any other way.

Doing the research, though, a trailer was just too much of a pain: Much higher cost, a lot more weight, have to find a place to store it, etc. While the dolly poses similar issues (cost, have to store, etc.) it being smaller reduces that pain significantly (I can store the dolly with the camper in the storage lot underneath the rear of the camper and not take up any more space).

With flat towing, obviously there isn't anything to store other than the tow bars but you also have to have the car for it (neither of our vehicles can be flat towed). It is much easier to hook up: just pull up the car and hook up the tow bar. The car does get beat up a little more since it is rolling and there is nothing protecting the front.

With dolly towing its a bit more expensive ($1.5k or so more in my case) but you don't have to modify the car, you can tow just about any FWD car so your toad options open up a bit more and the toad is slightly protected from road debris by the dolly. Oh yeah and getting ready to go takes a little longer.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum