Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 01:57 AM   #17
gator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #2830
Quote:
Originally Posted by schreinertms View Post
Is it my imagination or is the hot selling RV industry taking its toll on campground capacity, especially on the weekends? My wife and I tried to book a weekend at or near Knoebels Amusement park with our grandson in PA and all the campgrounds are booked solid over the weekends all summer. Same with the state parks. Getting a site during the week not a problem but probably will become one once the kids are out of school. Making reservations a year in advance is not something I like doing as you never know what changes will occur within that time frame.
There are several factors. Here in Florida over the course of the last 5 years that we have been Rving, our reservations are all made a year in advance. We have the snow birds that infiltrate from fall throughout winter and you can forget about an opening on the weekends or during the week. It is disheartening when us tax payers in Florida cannot enjoy our own parks for 9 months out of the year so that retirees that can't stand their winter can take up occupancy. We have strongly considered selling the RV and giving up. The reality of it is that you have to plan your trips a year in advance. Most parks don't allow reservations beyond 11 months and you must be online the day of to grab something or it will already be taken.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum