Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 09:25 PM   #14
roadhog

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Missouri
THOR #1971
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthode@gmail.com View Post
roadhog-

Henderson's Line Up did a very thorough diaognistic job to begin the process. They drove out on a 55mph highway and back on a twisting road with dips (I asked if they had designed the road for their test.) Based on the road test, weighing each corner, and tire inspection, they give you a list of suggestions and recommended tire pressures. I asked them to prioritize the list for the maximum benefit for the money. The Safe-T-Plus was the top priority followed by the track bar and sway bar.

Additionally, they recommended Koni shocks, Sumo springs in the front and a beefier front sway bar. I opted to do the top 3 first and see how they worked. Safe-T-Plus was $700, track bar about the same, and sway bar about $700 as well...including installation. The Koni shocks will come later as they would be another $1000. I started at 8:00 am and they were finished by 3:00. Comparing the handling before and after I feel much less swaying in the rear (tail wagging the dog) and driving the Vegas is much easier. They explained that the Safe-T-Plus by itself would be a great improvement for handling and safety, but the wandering rear end effects steering as well. When you see the difference in size from the Ford sway bar to the RoadMaster, you'll see what I mean. I also like the fact that they let you in the shop to watch and ask questions. They even let me down in the "pit" to see the finished installation. Would I do it again??? YES!
bthode,

Thanks for the information. I am sure it is of benefit to more than just me. Did your Vegas already have a steering damper on it, and was the Safe-T-Plus a direct replacement for it?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.