Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 04:21 PM   #6
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post

.....cut....
Well I'm calculating since these Rvs in the shorter length class a range are scarcer than hens teeth if a shorter length but longer wheelbase and less wide unit is tighter turning than a shorter wheelbase LONGER unit but wider
A-ha y'all!
.....cut...
I’m not sure what information you’re really after, but to your original question of “curb-to-curb”, the way I’ve seen it measured by manufacturers, the vehicle length nor the body width influence that measurement.

Think of it as going to an empty parking lot, turning the steering all the way, and then drive a big circle. What determines the size of the circle (at curb level) are the wheelbase, and also the front wheel cut. Extra vehicle body width nor extra rear overhang affects the curb-to-curb measurement. Extra length at rear always falls inside circle.

Sometimes we see a wall-to-wall dimension which is affected by front overhang and also body width, but this format is less common because chassis manufacturers don’t know what final body builder will manufacture on their chassis.

Regarding your first post, I imagine the shorter RV you mentioned may be built on an F-53 chassis, which I believe has a greater wheel cut than the E-Series. That combined with shorter wheelbase should have a tighter curb-to-curb dimension.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum