Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Montana trip
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 09:05 PM   #2
tilfo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #10815
Hi M/J,

I was out there last fall, drove up from Yellowstone to Glacier NP. Forest fires were the biggest problem. You are correct a lot of the parks do not have much for us RVers. But I still had a good trip. It seemed to be the the custom that after dark you didn't run the generator a lot. But it is cool at those elevations, and I didn't need it. I enjoyed a peaceful quiet dark campground instead. Watch for the wildlife in camp. You may have more space between sites too, and generators are usually allowed until 10 PM. Some areas of the National Parks do have hookups, but they are frequently full. Make a reservation, or hang out at the campground ranger station around checkout time. You will enjoy your trip, just get used to being flexible.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum