Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 12:51 AM   #144
JJMLF31

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: LF31
State: New York
THOR #11157
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99dart View Post
Congrats on the rig! Sounds like you have figured out what fits you & the family, good for you. I/we too have been moving "stuff" from the old RV to the new(to us) WS31 Quantum and adding accessories. I wired a brake notification light into the brake pigtail for our wheels down toad. I didn't like the thought of drilling into the dash, so drilled the coin tray for the 1/4" led light. I didn't see the two butt connectors on mine that you have. While I was in there I wired an El' Cheapo outside thermometer/clock/system voltage device. I velcro'ed it just above the coin tray. We like to know the time/temp at a glance when moving down the road. Also, mounted a bike rack & brush style gravel gaurd to help protect the front of the toad.
Oh, our coach batteries are under the step also. There was just enough heighth clearance to install 2, 6v Interstate deep cycle batteries. Like yours the factory 12v units were toast. We will be heading out this wkend with the grand daughters for their annual vacation trip. The new RV is a "surprise" to them. We will find out how the batteries hold up to the residential fridge on a couple nights of dry camping.
I just bought a Quantum LF31 and took it dry camping this past weekend. Learned quickly that the 2 12 volt batteries installed could not keep the residential fridge going for very long. Had to run the generator and turned off fridge at night to maximize the battery power. How did the 6V batteries work to power your fridge while you dry camped? How long could you go running the fridge before needing a charge? Could you fit more than 2 6V batteries under the step? Thanks!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.