Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 03:10 PM   #149
JJMLF31

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: LF31
State: New York
THOR #11157
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMatt View Post
It looks like the Quantum LF31 uses a residential fridge, does it have an option to run off just Gas? I seem to recall that those types use an inverter to power the fridge from the batteries. I know use with the Thor Chateau, it does not use a residential style fridge, so we can use propane to cool while dry camping.

I have not tried myself, but I have seen other people say, Gas powered fridges should be fine for long dry camping but that Residential style ones are not because of the power systems they use.

Hope something works for you.
Thanks for the response. My RV has a residential fridge and there is not an option for gas. My previous travel trailer had a 3-way fridge which could run off gas - this was great as I never had to worry about it when boondocking....just needed to keep the battery charged enough to ignite the flame which was easy. I am considering a battery upgrade to run the residential fridge and/or a Zamp solar panel. Not sure if anyone has experience with any of this, but certainly would appreciate the input!! Thanks!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum