Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Leveling system
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 10:57 PM   #15
Tytlfamily

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: Texas
THOR #1599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike77 View Post
Everyone has the rotten vehicle (RV) days. We had ours yesterday and today. We were placed in an unlevel site and proceeded to use the Big Foot Leveling system.....3 legs went down; the 4 th quit. The slide went out with much screeching. So I asked to be moved to a level site and we slowly moved the coach with the now ( not working) slide to the new level site. When we finally centered ourselves on the level site, the leveling arm still didn't work, the slide was stuck out and wouldn't retract and worst of all the refrigerator stopped working. The slide, incidentally was rebuilt at Thor in Elkhart with 3 motors instead of 2. But it didn't help us. Anyone have the same situation happen to them.
We are new to RVing only been on the road for 5 weeks and have lights fall off the wall, rear shade fall off, the check engine light sign has been on since we bought it 5000 mile ago and four Ford tries hasn't helped. The antenna handle assembly has broken, and the three tvs we have don't function. The radio in the cab worked for two weeks and then stopped working.
We plan to have everything corrected and then put it on the market as soon as we're home. SUV and hotels from then on.

I have the same problem occasionally with my 2015 Hurricane. Auto level seems to complete most of the time, but gets the Low Voltage message. There is a large circuit breaker down in my battery compartment that trips. It is one of those jackknife styles breakers. The first time it happened, I was stuck in Waco Tx in the rain, at a RV park, jacks would not come up, slides would not come in. I called Thors hotline, we started realizing that anything battery related did not work. That;s when he told me to go and look for that breaker in the battery compartment. He said there were two of them. Sure enough, one was out. Flipped the yellow blade back in, and all was good!! He even emailed me the schematics of the battery system while we were talking in case I needed to get help if that breaker did not fix it.
When I took it back to CW recently, I told them about the problem....they recalibrate the zero level position, (Something you can do)....and I have not had the problem since.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.