Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 02:49 AM   #1
jabrabu

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
Replaced Axxera stereo with Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX

My 2018 Chateau 31E came with the Axxera AVH70 stereo, and I found it very annoying. It mutes the stereo when you use a turn signal, and if you are in rear camera mode it switches to the home screen after turn signal use, so you have to go through menus to get the rear camera view again. When listening to podcasts via bluetooth, it would cut in and out. It didn't stop, but actually cut out partial sentences. When the headlights were on the display would flicker. And the USB connection is only a charger, not an input. It also had no microphone, so the hands-free phone was useless.

So, I replaced it with a Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX DVD/CD receiver. It used to be their flagship model and sold for $800+, but it has now been replaced with the 8201NEX (which looks the same to me), so it’s now $620 at Walmart or $645 Amazon. This seemed like a good deal to get a good Pioneer stereo with Car Play plus a navigation system. Some details:

• 7” touch-screen display
• Built-in navigation system. Has 7.9 million points of interest.
• Can create a navigation system profile for the RV, with vehicle dimensions and weight. Also which type of roads you want to avoid (dirt roads, toll roads, etc.)
• Receives free traffic into
• Has Apple Car Play
• Compatible with the 3 cameras
• Does not change the radio volume when switching to camera view
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pioneer install.jpg
Views:	636
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	10589  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.