Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 09:59 PM   #74
wayneroe

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
At plant 750 the QC line is inside the second overhead door on the south side (parking lot side). The coaches come off the line at the east end of the building and are driven along the entrance road to the front of the plant and enter back into the pant at the second overhead door. The QC line is in the area beside the storage area for parts and the coach side lamination press. Remember that Thor does not put water on the coach as the are stored outside awaiting dealer pickup. The water lines are air pressure checked. The Thor delivery checklist given to the dealer explains how to complete the fresh water and waste water hookup. If you show up for a tour about a couple hours early and park near personnel gate, you can watch the finished coaches parade to the QC area. We counted 9 ACEs, one Hurricane and 2 Windsports. This was before the factory switched to batch production in 2018.
When, we took the tours, we really didn't get to see any work being done, there were very few people even there, especially when we did the 750 tour. While we were waiting at the guard shack for the tour guide, most of the workers were checking out to go home. They had to all open any bags, lunch buckets, etc., to show they weren't taking tools home with them. I asked if they were checking to see if some of them were stealing enough parts to build their own and they told me that they were only looking for tools. I guess a good power tool is probably more expensive and works better (therefore more desirable) than a Seiki TV.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.