Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 04:24 PM   #5
Beacher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
I just use the sticker weight of 95 psi all around. It feels great. I now check it before each trip, and if I load or unload a bunch of stuff, (tanks, propane, water, etc..).

However, this is coming from a guy who drove his 34E off the dealer lot for over 250 miles with 60-75 psi on all tires from Orlando to Tallahassee, FL. I initially thought the weird wandering and big-rig blow by felt kinda normal compared to all the big UHaul and Penske tucks I had rented over the years. Sadly, I will admit that compared to my previous Fleetwood and Winnebago motorhomes, I just dismissed the sloppy feel because it was a much less costly Thor product.

It was not until I drove over a several-miles long section of asphalt that had been roughly scraped in preparation for re-surfacing, that I considered that something was amiss. The tires were roaring and exceptionally loud when driving over that surface. After assuming that the dealership had properly inflated my tires for the delivery day, I finally check my air pressure along with adding fuel for the first time when I reached Tallahassee.

After inflating to 95 psi, it felt like a sports car in comparison. I have kept it there ever since. Besides my own motorhomes I have driven many big trucks with similar chassis. I have no issues with steering play, wander, or the feel of the suspension as I don't even notice it and have experienced MUCH worse having driven normal commercial trucks, (for personal use, not professionally), for years.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.