Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 04:25 PM   #4
Travelin' Texans

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
Having downsized from a 41 foot DP to the current Gemini, I can tell you, in our case it was driven, by several factors. We travel differently now, as we rarely if ever go on long trips for months at a time, which we did with the Bus for years. We now prefer shorter trips, usually within four or five hours from home, and for shorter periods of time, usually for 5 to 10 days at a time. Also wanted something that was just easier to deal with, and could be used in a more spontaneous manner. We also used to take grandkids with us, often, and now that they are grown, its just my wife, small dog and myself, so we really did not see the need for a huge bus. The fact that the bus got 6.5 MPG and the Gemini gets between 17 and 18 MPG is certainly a nice feature, but in our case not a major factor in our decision.
We've been thinking of possibly trading our 5er for a small class A,, haven't looked much yet, but curious what chassis is under your Gemini.
I've driven Ford's at work for 30+ years & at 17-18 mpg no way could it be the Ford V10, the pickups I drove couldn't/wouldn't get near that going down hill with the engine off, If you dropped the "1" off the front it would be closer to the mileage. Therefore have been hesitant as most come with the Ford chassis.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.