Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 06:25 PM   #13
KCKim

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau Super C 35SF
State: Kansas
THOR #11472
Same Problem with Chateau Super C 37SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepincameron View Post
I just purchased a LF31 Quantum and took her out on our maiden voyage. Driving up the freeway my wife and I feel a hot breeze coming from under the carpet between the cab and the coach. I got home and pulled the carpet back to find a 1/4 inch gab between the cab and coach. Just open to the outside.

Anyone else find this with their coach?

Seven weeks into our 5-month roadtrip to Alaska last year, we discovered the same problem with our Chateau Super C 35SF. In our case, rain was coming in as we drove along the highway. The Thor dealerships in Anchorage claimed they'd never seen such a problem

When we came back home, we immediately took our motor home back to the dealer for that and several other warranty issues. The dealer's service center claimed to have never seen such a problem before.

The service center pretty much rebuilt the section over the cab, replacing water-damaged wood and resecuring everything to the cab.

I've read a number of class C owner complaints about this problem.

It is a shame that Thor doesn't do better quality control before they release the RVs to dealers.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.