Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 11:16 AM   #14
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Washington View Post
When we had our TT we used walkie talkies or our phones. I have found it’s easier with the class C as it’s just 32 foot and not 50 foot of truck and a trailer with a mind of its own. Personally I would rather not have the help as I can concentrate on how I want to do it
Yeah that is the thing: When we had the 5th wheel it was a lot more difficult. With the Axis only 25ft or so usually the Wife and son just sit on a picnic table and wait until I have it in position.

The one thing I find really valuable: get out and look. I will pull up next to the site and park it. All of us get out and walk around the site discussing where we want the RV. When we (ok usually just the wife and I--the son parks his rear somewhere and tries to play with his phone) all understand where the RV will be parked then I get back in and back up the RV. At that point then the wife simply has to point out obstacles and let me know if I'm turning enough.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.