Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: 2016 Thor Ace
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 12:28 AM   #4
Bob Montgomery

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
9000 miles so far on our 2016 Ace 29.3 without any major issues so far. We have NOT added SafeTPlus etc, no Five Star Tuning, no CHF. I haven't aligned it. Usually I can drive it on the interstate with one hand steering. Of course, when a big rig passes etc. it causes some tail wag etc. but nothing I have not been able to handle.

There is a learning curve to drive one of these. They are not like our family automobiles and pickup trucks.

I seldom exceed 65 mph and we tow a Chevy Spark.

We have experienced a little difficulty recently with the slide not wanting to retract, usually taking 4 to 6 tries to get it in. I am going to try to resync the slide to see if it helps. There is an override in the basement you can do if you have trouble with the slide.

One issue that recently came up was the black tank seemed to fill very quickly, and I have wondered if the bathroom sink was not shut completely off. If you leave the water pump on when you are traveling over the road and you did not completely shut off the water, you could very well fill the tank quickly so I try to make sure the pump is shut off when traveling.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum