Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 01:15 PM   #3
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
understandable, as this is actually a somewhat common occurrence at parks and campgrounds around the country in very hot months, where the sites are 'booked' and everyone is running all the air conditioning they can! Nobody wants to sweat while trying to 'relax' on vacation, for sure.

I think that your own system is also part of the issue, since it can be somewhat overly sensitive and many cases like these, though it's understandable that you don't want to risk causing any issues within your coach. I think that sometimes these 'protection systems', while good for major issues, cause a lot of undue and unnecessary loss/tripping of power at the very moment you want it the most!
I also think that a 'low' power condition, while not something you want 'motors' to endure for extended periods, is not a deal breaker for your hardware.

Also, replacing a breaker has nothing to do with 'low' voltage. The breaker is only there to trip in the event of your coach trying to use too much amperage.

It's not fun when it happens, but in 3 1/2 years of full time traveling, parking, campgrounds, rv parks, and in ALL weather and temperature conditions, we've never had any issue with our 'motors' or 'electronics'... and that's with no type of 'extra' protection system as many folks subscribe to.

These protection systems are sometimes like a smoke detector that continues to beep and/or alarm for no reason. It's annoying, but you don't want to go 'unprotected', so you have to deal with it, even though the real chances of a fire a very, very slim. But nobody wants to be that 'somebody' in a news story. : /
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.