Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: AC temperature
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 07:33 PM   #14
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
What do they consider the temperature split? How do they suggest you measure it? Based on above wording it sounds like a different parameter than the inside versus outside temperature limit being discussed initially. If I misunderstood your comment I apologize. I'm just trying to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

Granted I'm reading between the lines, but if the split is above 20 F because of a blockage, it normally means the blockage is causing the air stream across the evaporator to move so slowly that the air can get too cool. This happens because the surface area of the evaporator remains the same, so when air moves slowly it has time to get colder. And although the air is getting colder, total system capacity goes down because of reduced air flow.

It may seem counterintuitive that air that is too cold coming out of an air conditioner is actually a sign of reduced capacity, but it can happen. The air may come out very cold but if there is too little of it the house will get hot.

In air conditioning the right air flow across the evaporator is also required to help control humidity at a comfortable level.
The split is measured at the cold air return vent and at a register, preferably the furthest away from the cold air return.

I would need to verify this, but I believe the blockage referred to a blockage of an air duct feeding a register which in turns causes more cold air to flow at one or more of the other registers and thereby causing an uneven cooling condition. That is the way I understood it.

I'm not a pro and with the exception of a five year period these folks have been servicing my systems since 1994 and they haven't steered me in a wrong direction yet.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum