Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 01:31 AM   #12
Infinityrver

Brand: Still Looking
State: Indiana
THOR #234
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflame View Post
I'm not sure about what you mean about the management team doing better. Are you referring to the Carriage itself, or the downfall of the company. We had a Carriage Carri-lite 5 slide before we bought the Redwood. We were well satisfied with it. Our trading it for the Redwood had nothing to do with it's construction or quality, but for an accident that left me wondering if I was going to have structural problems down the road because of it. As to the company downfall, from what I was able to find out, it had a lot to do with their bank and finances. Their Finances were with National City, which was taken over by PNC. PNC had different parameters that Carriage could not meet. There was talk about them getting things worked out, but this never occurred.
I certainly agree with your statement and understand financial timing.

Any and many different companies that were in the middle of investing or expanding in their companies had no idea that the bottom was going to fall out by the end of '08 and in to '09. There was no crystal ball that let everyone know that the economy was going to crumble.

As a business owner I know that financing is a huge part of expansions. Obviously, Carriage had financed a huge expansion. Timing is everything. They probably had enough cash on hand to get them into 2011 and with a different financial institution taking the helm was less than helpful. Thus, there goes another statistic.

So sad, My wife and I went intentionally went to the Camper Show in Tampa in 2012 to make a decision on a 5th wheel. We had looked at some painted 5ers in New Hampshire in 2011. We get to the show and Carriage has gone bankrupt. We actually thought we were going to be purchasing a Carriage that year.

We looked at every make that was at the show for three days. By the end of March 2012 we were taking delivery of our painted 3850RL.

We are anxious to look at the the "new Carriage" in January 2014.

2012 Infinity 3850RL
2011 Ford F-350 FX4 6.7 Diesel
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum