Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 04:45 AM   #1
TyCreek

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
Axis/Vegas 24.2 Accessories

Thought I'd start a 24.2 thread for some accessories and updates to make using our new RV more enjoyable. I like things that save time and hassles.

Our journey started when the RV bay got an Axis 24.2. First time to extend the awning and experiance push button control, sure won’t take long to get used to this new routine!

One of the first things we got for the Axis was a toad or two… The first one was a Ford Focus many months before getting a motorhome to pull it. After deciding on and ordering a 24.2 sight unseen, the toad decision swung back to the simplicity and versatility of a Jeep like we had many years back behind a former RV. Part of this decision was the hoops to jump through for making the Focus easily towable.

Every RV seems to get levels added within the first couple days. Just happened to have these in a tote being transferred to the new rig.

Had a scan gage from a previous vehicle and having access to all that data is handy so I figured why not give it a shot in the Axis. Seems to work ok, but this mount point is not easily visible in my driving position (lean forward to view)!

GPS suction mount works reasonably well on the smooth dash trim. The toad brake controller found a spot where the manual engage feels most natural. Space between the dash and the doghouse seemed like such a waste so some left over divider trays were attached with double sticky.

The camera display got a temporary shroud to help visibility on those bright sunny days. This was a quick plexiglass bend and rough cut just to see if it helps. It does seem to help some, so I’ll add making a better one out of carbon fiber to my to-do someday list.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum