Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 05:01 AM   #7
TyCreek

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
Battery Fill, Propane T and Tow Bar

I had a battery fill system from a previous RV for 6V batteries. But since I couldn’t see a way to easily swap out to 6V due to box hight restriction a dual 12V kit was needed. Because the last 2 cells are not easily accessible this went to the must do list because the RV is usually connected to shore power.

Many years ago I got a propane tee kit and sold the RV before mounting it. So it sat on a shelf because the last couple RVs were already plumed for external connection. The Axis didn’t have an external tap and the tank looked like a prime candidate for the kit!

The mount was simple. So handy! The BBQ seems to work better too ...

The tow bar stuck out farther than I liked so I shortened its extension length 3.5” by drilling a new hole.

Stowed position doesn’t awkwardly stick too far out now and looks much better to me. Still has enough room to fold away and put a cover on.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.