Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 11:54 AM   #65
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
After doing a little more research on this forum, I have a couple of additional general questions regarding any of the Axis/Vegas motorhomes, and thought of asking them here instead of starting a new thread.

The issue of low ground clearance has come up a few times. The entry step seems very low compared to most RVs. Has this been an issue for those who have driven their Axis/Vegas off the payment. I'm not talking about off roading, just off the road like at common overlooks, etc... The beautiful factory picture below shows how low the step can get when going off pavement. Anyone damage theirs by bottoming out?

Axis/Vegas specs show many options like TVs, oven, microwave, etc. I did not see an option for a factory-installed inverter, or a second AC. Are optional inverters discussed in other threads only available if that particular coach model offers it as an option, or are inverters optional on any model?

I also see an option to upgrade from 13,500 to 15,000 BTU/hr AC, but no option for a second AC at all. I'm guessing the 30-Amp service limits having two 13,500 ACs, at least running at same time with enough power left to run rest of coach. I'm wondering if the Axis/Vegas is set up to have an AC installed in back at all? And also whether a single 15,000 AC is enough to cool it enough during hot, humid, sunny days? Imagine Disney World in July in a site without shade.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum