Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 03:34 PM   #3
Bobi, Dick and Ruby McKee

Brand: DRV
Model: 39DBRS3
State: Arizona
THOR #5464
JM There are thousands of the "problematic" legs on rigs. They are the ones with the large steel tube over the ram. They no longer use this system. We have the old system and have had no problems. For the three years we have had our rig I have talked to everyone I see with the "old" system and none have had any problems. With that being said we are headed to Roberts RV in Indiana to have ours rebuilt before we have any problems.

According to Robert the problem with the the rams is that when they weld the mount on to the tube if the welder is not careful the too much heat is applied and it warps the tube. The warped tube along with the cheapest seals they can find results in the cylinders leaking down.

Robert says he has rebuilt approximately 700 cylinders. He first, if the tube is warped, straightens the tube, hones the cylinder (which he says he has never fond factory hone marks in a tube) and then installs high quality seals. He has never had one fail after he rebuilt them.

Although we have had not problems, as I stated in a previous post, I prefer to do preventive maintenance rather scrambling to fix a problem. Dick

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum