Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 08:02 PM   #76
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
....cut....

No all coaches come with an EMS, however, if a generator is installed all coaches should have an ATS.
Perhaps they should but don't always. Is that a big negative?

At least one Thor Class C I rented with Onan 4,000 watt generator relied on manual connection. And it really didn't seem that bad. My Coachmen was the same way.

Basically the shore power cable was plugged into generator while traveling or any time there wasn't shore power. When setting up, the cable was unhooked from generator and plugged to campsite recepticle. To be honest, beyond saving 5 seconds per setup, I'm not sure what an automatic transfer switch accomplishes.

Do you recommend it as a must-have? None of these had an inverter but I don't think that would change much as far as generator ATS goes.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum