Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 04:57 AM   #11
mountainsam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
I think they are where they are do to suppliers. Back in the 80's I went through Elkhart and it was wall to wall Van conversion factories. The work force has been doing that work for generations. The suppliers and raw materials are easily obtained there. I would think moving away from that area could cost them dearly and it would be transferred to the consumers pockets.

Maybe the sales lots should be held more accountable for proper service. Then they may demand a better product from the manufacturer. States legislators could help a little by passing a bill that extends warranties an equal time that a unit sits waiting for repairs. Think this would speed up parts deliveries?

Back in the mid 70's our first new TT ( RoadRunner) had a couple issues and within the week two service men came to my house and did the repairs and were gone. Never had another problem with it.

For the good news. Our Gemini is fueled up, propaned up and on the launch pad ready for our 20 day tour of the Rockies stating next week.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.