Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 10:59 PM   #15
SuperBoar

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #7188
Cut and weld

My wife is 5'4" and could not touch the floor with the stock seats. My stock pedestals were 11": probably 9" would be best for you, but are over $200. They are not hard to change. Anyway, I cut 1-3/4" out of the pedestal main post and re-welded it, but only the driver's side. It did not take long - a welding shop would charge way less than new pedestals. The passenger side is about right for the fold out desk. We put spacers under the carpet on the passenger side. We tried spacing up the floor on the driver's side but that made getting to the foot controls dangerous. I am 5'9" and think the new position is more comfortable.

Adjusting the seat forward and backward or swiveling is made unnecessarily difficult by the decorative "skirts" that attempt to hide the ever so ugly seat base... what? Get the skirts out of the way to see if that helps.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum