Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 07:27 PM   #26
davidspixx

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Colorado
THOR #2442
A few more photos 2015 Vegas 25.2

First of all, thanks to all who gave a window into this unreasonably mysterious repair.

I'd like to offer a few more photos for those of you that have the smaller of the pantry slides.
First I removed the "floor of the bottom shelf. It was stapled. I used a crochet needle next to the 2 staples on the side I could see (the back). I jammed the crochet needle in the gap between the bottom panel and the wall, rotated, then pulled. With the 2 side staples removed I rotated the floor panel up. (Photo 1)
With it out of the way, you can see the 4 screws bolting the pantry to the floor mounted slide box.

Next I lifted the pantry off the slide box. Photo 2, 3. Notice the plastic latches bolted to the back of the pantry.
Looking inside the hole that the pantry came from (photo 4), you can see the slide rails that the box runs on, and the plastic latches that the pantry is intended to latch into. One of my latches was closed (preventing the pantry from closing.) I opened it.

I reassembled the pantry to the slide box. It again would latch!!!

As noted in order to latch it is a close fit (IE shove the bottom of the pantry to close). You can see the black drain pipe that was mentioned. If this did not latch, I was going to put a spacer behind the pantry's latches to make them extend a bit more. But this was adequate.
I felt no need to restaple the floor of the bottom shelf. Gravity is adequate.
Also I am glad I didn't try to lift the pantry off the slide box (when I didn't know how it was all attached.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pantry 2.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	11108   Click image for larger version

Name:	pantry 1.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	447.0 KB
ID:	11109  

Click image for larger version

Name:	pantry 3.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	434.6 KB
ID:	11110   Click image for larger version

Name:	pantry 4.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	500.5 KB
ID:	11111  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.